Rubik's Cube - Review


Rubik's Cube 3x3 - An experience from myself....
I'll divide this into few parts...
My learning stage
The two different solving methods
My Cubes
My teaching stage

My Learning Stage
I do not know since when... the trend of Rubik's cube solving is back...
Our class.. PT03... we have My. Yong Chin, my SiFu... start turning almost everyday...
I've got no intend to start learning actually.. i'm interested in one way but my laziness dominates my interest...
Till one day... i was frustrated trying to remember how to solve derivatives in class... then he sitting beside me... turning his normal rubik's... then i sighed that i will never excel in Mathematics...
"Learn this, and it will help on maths..."
My heart was moved... and this is how he triggered my interest to the max... trying my best to learn...
the same week... i started learning to solve the cube....
It took me exactly 2 days... to finish solving it...
First day... i learn to solve the first face myself... then learn to solve the first and second layer... which does not need formulas... only logical thinking... Sifu borrowed me his Original Rubik's and asked me to go back and practice... there's alot to remember for third layer...
We are learning the faster way to solve... but alot more to remember... not the one that needs less memory but longer to solve... those that we usually found on the net.. memorizing formulas like L, R, U, F and so on.. no i dont learn that... i learn to see colours... colours and patterns...
The second day.. i got to know that there is 14 ways to finish solving the third layer... 4 short-cuts and 10 must learns... i tried my best... and now.. i still havent finish with my shortcuts... left 2 more... but at least i can solve this 3x3 cube in my best record of 1 min 18 seconds..

The two different methods of solving the cube
As i mentioned above... i learn to see colours and patterns... learn to remember more steps but a faster way to solve it...
Only then i learn to know there's another solving method.. the really common one.. and many are under that method...
basically we have two sifu's in PT03... one is Jason... the other? also Jason but Jason Yong Chin( my sifu)

so the First Jason i mentioned(not my sifu) he's one to finish the cube with formulas we usually see...
his downline as follows
TSJ
Tommy... PT04
that's as far as i know lol...

Same turning method i met... is my housemate... Mr. David.. and i can say he's the best among those i mentioned... as in SPEED... He has a few cubes... but they are his sister's.. with gliterring stickers on it.. omg spoilt! -.-

My Sifu's down-line :- the faster yet alot to remember method of solving
Me!
Khesvin
Wai Yuen
D-Pin (housemate gang not in pT03/4)
Ah Kai(housemate)
Tommy (a hybrid -.-)
My sister(influenced by me)
My gf(influenced by me too..she actually solve the first face by her own too... CLEVER =x)

Oh.. not forgetting that we have another special group of downline... those who learn to mess it up..
PCD
Choong Han...
LOL just kidding... they did not learn any... at least NOT YET.. :P

My Cubes

i learned using sifu's cube and then started to buy a few because you need to learn you need to practice you need a cube... that's the basic...
i have so far.... 4 cubes to be exact...
One i bought at Alamanda... RM5.. believe me... do not buy these.... now it's at Wai Yuen's Place
Second, bought at Jusco Melacca... for RM8.90.. very dam nice to turn.. until it gets a lil too easy... White-based... currently at D-pin's place
Third, bought at pasar malam with tommy's help... nice to turn....black-based... RM8
Fourth, birthday present from sis... VERY nice to turn... black-based.. RM8

My teaching stage
so as you can see the downlines there...
Khesvin and I are the actual one learn from Yong Chin..
others? i taught them...
khesvin is one with no cube yet.... and he learns slow =x...
my sister has the same speed with khesvin...
my gf cool... learn herself.. and will finish learning from me :D
Wai Yuen.. my first real "down-line" that finished learning in few days... Proud of him
D-Pin.. too clever.. teach him a lil... he catches almost all the techniques... and within one day he finished learning to solve the cube... but alot more situations yet to learn...
Ah Kai. finished 2 layers...
So far so good.. im proud of my students and proud of myself solving the cube... and i do found out that my maths improved... at least i believe so...
Sincerely.. i must thank Yong Chin my SiFu! =x
So anymore of you out there interested?

That's all for now... Rubik's Cube Rox!

0 back-fires:

Post a Comment